At one point we loved them, and encouraged them over flatMap / flatMap / map chains.
Now, we hate them. Apparently.
But our contributing.md still says we love them.
Let's get consensus and update contributing.md
Positive (for comprehensions):
- Some find them easier to read (the submitter of this ticket includes themselves in this category)
- Nice way to avoid nested code.
- They literally just desugar to flatMap / flatMap / map statements so there is no performance penalty for using them.
- Some find them more difficult to read
- Can open up a performance pitfall. Without understanding for comprehension evaluation rules, you could evaluate an expression more times than needful. Feeds in to the prior point