Resolution: Won't Do
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: Marathon 1.5.0
Sprint:Marathon Sprint 9-2017, Marathon Sprint 1.10-0, Marathon Sprint 1.10-1, Marathon Sprint 1.10-3, Marathon Sprint 1.10-4, Marathon Sprint 1.10-5
- [S] Add dry run flag for update / create app definition, which (at first) returns all potential validation issues and normalized app definition.
- [L] Determine whether offers suffice for upgrade / install
- [S] Caching service for last seen offers / state
- [S] Update cache each time we respond with task ops (assume success)
- [S] Refactor matching code to provide easy synchronous interface to support dry-run resource estimation.
- [S] Return the sufficient resource estimation in the API (synchronously perform all matches, evaluating constraints, etc.)
- (not included in this run - don’t subtract current running tasks that would be killed by the offer as this is too complex for first implementation. IE think UpgradeStrategy min health instances 0.0 vs 1.0).
- [L] (not doing in this sprint…) - Evaluate UpgradeStrategy and include in sufficient resources evaluation
- [S] Enhance the CLI - `--dry-run`, just give the JSON back.